Careers at Flippa
Flippa is the world’s leading online marketplace for buying and selling websites, and we’re growing fast. We’ve sold tens of millions of dollars’ worth of websites in the last year and there’s much more to come.
User Experience Designer
Flippa is looking for a User Experience Designer to help take us from a profitable and market-leading marketplace to an even more profitable one with a great experience to match.
Work on a global stage
Flippa is the number one marketplace in the world for buying and selling websites, domains and apps. We are based in Collingwood, have an office in San Francisco and our users hail from all over the world. You’ll be designing a world-class marketplace.
Shape UX for a leading startup
You’ll be an integral part of the Product team and will define and design the interface for all Flippa products across web and mobile. You’ll help us get to know our users, and feed this information into product strategy and design.
You’ll work closely with product managers and developers to successfully take products from early stage concepts to launch. You’ll produce wireframes and back up your designs with a thorough understanding of the Flippa user, which you gained through your ability to conduct insightful user research and user testing, as well as an understanding of business data and drivers.
We’re looking for someone who:
- is curious about what makes people tick, and is passionate about creating great experiences
- has the skills to translate user and business needs into great design
- loves a whiteboard and leading workshops and encourages others to be a part of the design process
- enjoys turning complex problems into elegant, simple solutions
- has an arsenal of tools to help understand users, and is pragmatic about using them
- gets excited by the design-measure-iterate cycle
- has experience working in an agile environment and ideas of how to best incorporate UX tasks into the agile rhythm.
You’ll like working at Flippa
We have a relaxed workplace in Collingwood which we share with other companies in the SitePoint Group. We have a quiz every day at 4pm and have a fancy Italian coffee machine that gets a good workout in the morning. There are bike racks and showers, plenty of social functions and great people.
How to Apply
E-mail: email@example.com with the subject “Flippa needs my UX skills because…” and tell us a little about yourself, what you think you could bring to Flippa and include links to any cool projects and samples of your work.