Facts and Figures
It teaches people how to make art in the style of certain famous artists using a combination of instructional YouTube videos and monthly art supply boxes. It allows for a variety of purchase options including single box, gift boxes, and monthly subscriptions for the series. As it focuses on making art in the style of historical artists it has a strong art history element to it, which is further enforced with additional art history videos.
How does your business make money?
We make money from:
YouTube ad revenue.
Selling boxes, both as one-off or as subscriptions.
Why should someone buy this business?
There are many reasons Indigo Artbox has a lot of potential:
1) It is profitable as of 2018. Net profit was approximately $11k.! The margin on each box is around 56%!
2) It is fun to design the boxes and make the videos. Strong educational creativity potential.
3) Many of the customers are schools, so you are having a significant impact on the quality of art education in these schools.
4) Strong potential to scale volumes (see below).
How can the future owner improve this business?
At slightly higher volumes we can connect to pre-vetted overseas suppliers which can increase the margins significantly. Surprisingly we also discovered that a better tactic for marketing might be focusing on business partnerships with schools to unlock large recurring orders. Art classes are typically understaffed and underfunded, so schools love offloading it to a turn-key course like Indigo Artbox!
Why are you selling this business?The business is very dear to us, but we have other priorities to attend to.
- High Profit Margins
- Lots of Repeat Customers
- Positive Customer Reviews
- The Business Is Currently Growing
- Low Acquisition Cost for New Customers
Opportunities for a new owner
- Improve Current Marketing Efforts
- Introduce Further Revenue Streams
- Improve or Outsource Operations
Key day-to-day operations
- Customer Support / Service
- Managing Inventory
- Order Assembly
- Order Fulfilment
- Video production
- Facebook Advertising
- Brand assets
- Inventory on hand or on order at the time of closing
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller
My name is Melissa Winter! I studied History of Art and Politics at Cornell, and have an MBA from Wharton. I am the current CEO of Indigo Artbox.
Both my mom and my brother are artists and I wanted to combine my skills and background in business and art inside a fun educational company that helps people learn art through the power of the internet (in my case YouTube + art box delivery).