Facts and Figures
|Month||March 2020||April 2020||May 2020||June 2020||July 2020||August 2020||September 2020||October 2020||November 2020||December 2020||January 2021||February 2021|
Note: Traffic data was provided on 21 March 2021. Enquire for more recent data.
TeamSync Bookmarks (TSB) first began in the fall of 2016. I just started a new job and kept asking teammates for different URLs. I thought, "Why can't there just be a folder that I get when I start, and have everything I need!?" This began the journey for TSB. The value is simple. One person puts a bookmark in a shared bookmarks folder, and everyone on the team can see it. TSB serves different functional groups (mainly sales, marketing, IT) across multiple industries. It focuses primarily on B2B (revenue comes from this), although many consumers download the product for individual purposes.
A few key points
- TSB consists of a Chrome Extension, Mobile app, and Admin Management Web app (Beta).
- 16k+ weekly users (per Chrome store analytics)
- MRR of $1,649 (per Stripe reporting)
- Subscriber churn of 3.1% (as of Mar 21st)
- Focused on B2B customers - primary functions who buy are sales, marketing, and IT, but many other types
- I haven't done anything meaningful to test common customer acquisition (e.g. Google adds, content marketing) or sales methods. 100% of traffic is organic and most new sales don't require a discussion
- I don't do upsells and my email campaigns haven't been touched in a year plus
- The extension isn't perfect and some customer experience issues with duplicating bookmarks and browser performance. I'm currently working with an engineer to fix these. Also, we have a Firefox extension, which is being worked on. I took it off the Firefox store due to it being too buggy
- I'd prefer to sell to someone with the resources or time to make TSB a better product, but it can be operated with minimal time commitment
- The Google Analytics represents traffic to the Chrome Extension, Chrome Store, and Website
How does your business make money?
We have two types of plans
Up to 2 groups with 4 members per group
Group plan - One shared bookmark folder
$60 / yr or $8 / month for one group with up to 20 members
$24 / yr or $3 / month for additional blocks of 20 members
Enterprise plan - Unlimited shared bookmarks with unlimited paid members
Monthly plan - $1.50 / user / month paid monthly
Annual plan - $1.35 / user / month paid annually
I believe that you could shift the entire business to per user pricing and could significantly increase the revenue. I haven't done this due to the planning and engineering required to make it happen.
Why are you selling this business?
I am a product manager for a large technology company with increasing demands with my job. I am selling because I don't have time to manage the business on a day-to-day basis and I haven't had the energy to setup process or hire to have someone else manage the business. As a result, I feel like I'm doing a disservice to my customers and think someone else could do it better.
For the past year or so, I've been answer support tickets, working on sales opportunities for larger deals (relative to typical deal size), and working with a developer to sort out performance and duplication issues.
- Brand assets
- Custom technology
- Customer databases
- Hosting accounts
- Marketing materials and collateral
- Relevant email accounts
- Social media accounts
- Website files, source code and content
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller