Facts and Figures
|Month||May 2019||June 2019||July 2019|
Happy Rebel Box (https://www.happyrebelbox.com) was established in January 2016 and is a seasonal subscription box for the modern women with an adventurous, edge and polished sense of style. The business currently has ** 475 subscribers** in the US and Canada and has had a 2% churn rate in 30 days. A quarterly plan costs USD$100.00 per cycle and auto-renews while an annual subscription costs USD$380.00 per year. Happy Rebel box has 20,400 followers on Instagram and 5,000 followers on Facebook. You can read more here: https://www.instagram.com/happyrebelbox/ and here: https://www.facebook.com/HappyRebelBox/. The asking price includes all inventory (as individual items) as well as branded printed materials such as a few hundred custom printed boxes (flat) shipping labels and circle stickers (for closing tissue paper) and notecards.
How does your business make money?
Happy Rebel Box makes money from annual and quarterly subscriptions, sale of previous collections and mystery boxes as well as individual product sales on the website.
Why should someone buy this business?
Subscriptions are an increasingly common way to buy products and services online & research shows women account for the majority of subscribers. While streaming-media subscriptions have been popular for a long period of time, more & more shoppers are subscribing to consumer goods. Happy Rebel Box presents an ideal opportunity to enter the growing e-commerce subscription market.
- Happy Rebel Box pieces represent a unique style and for this reason, can be distinguished from other women's lifestyle box competitors.
- Incredibly low churn rate, compared to the industry standard. Subscribers are staying on average for one year or more.
- The business has grown since 2016 with no spend on paid advertising. All subscribers have only come from social media presence and a couple of subscription box blog partnerships. Someone with any knowledge of online marketing has the potential for immediate growth.
How can the future owner improve this business?
1) Focus on individual sales – Attractive wholesale rates from brand partners and private labeling allows for a very high margin of reselling products individually. We have not done any ads or focused on developing this side of the business at all. 2) Establishing more of an online presence through blogs and various PR initiatives. Past efforts have not been consistent. 3) Private label product development – Dedicating some time to developing private label products to be featured in the box would increase profits exponentially. Our private label products have been very well received in the past. 4) Increasing frequency of the box. Box frequency could be increased from quarterly to bi-monthly or even monthly. 5) Outsourcing fulfillment would make this business even more low maintenance. 6) Affiliate marketing program - This would create increased promotional consideration for existing partnership channels as well as enable new relationships with social media influencers.
Why are you selling this business?
We are expanding our family and I am taking on more responsibilities with my husband’s business.
- Scalable Business Model
- Sticky Business Model
- Strong Recuring Revenue
- Well Established and Unique Brand
- Low Acquisition Cost for New Customers
Opportunities for a new owner
- Improve Current Marketing Efforts
- Introduce Further Revenue Streams
Key day-to-day operations
- Customer Support / Service
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Order Fulfilment
- Product Sourcing and Design
- Content marketing
- Email Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Instagram Community Management
- Brand assets
- Custom technology
- Customer databases
- Existing manufacturing relationships
- Hosting accounts
- Inventory on hand or on order at the time of closing
- Marketing materials and collateral
- Policy and Process documents
- Relevant email accounts
- Social media accounts
- Vendor contacts
- Website files, source code and content
- e-Commerce platform accounts
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller