Facts and Figures
|Month||March 2019||April 2019||May 2019|
|Month||April 2019||May 2019||June 2019|
Note: Traffic data was provided on June 30, 2019. Enquire for more recent data.
$19.99/month gives members access to all video courses in our library. The team handles everything from recruiting course creators to checking their video tutorials, configuring every new course and promoting it to our email list and on social media. I don't almost nothing.
How does your business make money?
YouTube and SEO beings in traffic. We collect email addresses and sell through email marketing.
Why should someone buy this business?
- The recurring revenue membership site
- The time required to run this site is less than 2 hours per month.
- Learning electronic music production is a huge market
- Huge growth potential if you invest more time into launches/promotions/ more SEO etc.
How can the future owner improve this business?
- More SEO articles that rank for relevant keywords. This will build the email subscriber list faster
- Pay one of the course creators to knock out YouTube videos. YouTube is the best source for generating the newest members.
- Internal launches to an email list for lifelong memberships. I've sold these for 6 monthly payments of $47 resulting in an LTV of $294, much higher than our typical $100 LTV. I just don't have the time these days because I run an advertising agency.
Why are you selling this business?My full-time job is running an advertising agency. It takes up so much of my time that I can't focus on BassGorilla anymore. When I was investing more time into BassGorilla I was doing a lot of email marketing launches and promotions that would bring the monthly revenue up to $12,000 USD per month or higher but I just don't have the time these days. I want to sell it so I can focus on my advertising agency.
- Key Words Ranking
- Brand and Community Loyalty
- Evergreen Niche
- Lots of Repeat Customers
- Low Time Commitment Required
Opportunities for a new owner
- Launch New Products
- Improve Current Marketing Efforts
- Advance or Explore Retail / Distribution Partnerships
Key day-to-day operations
- Managing Staff
- Email Marketing
- Facebook Community Management
- Brand assets
- Customer databases
- Marketing materials and collateral
- Policy and Process documents
- Relevant email accounts
- Social media accounts
- Website files, source code and content
- e-Commerce platform accounts
- Google Adwords
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller
My passion for electronic music production led me to start this site to share my knowledge with others.
As I built a network by interviewing well known electronic music producers, I started offering some of them money to make video courses sharing techniques they use to create chart smashing music.
From the very start I was obsessed with marketing automation and list segmentation. I grew this business to make it run without me. A dedicated team handles the day-to-day running of the site, course recruitment and new course promotion as well as social media marketing.
I barely spend two hours per month on this site these days. But for anyone who is willing to invest a little more time into marketing, there are opportunities to grow the revenue and profit substantially, just like I was doing before my advertising agency life got too busy.