Facts and Figures
|Month||February 2019||March 2019||April 2019|
|Month||March 2019||April 2019||May 2019|
Note: Traffic data was provided on 31 May 2019. Enquire for more recent data.
Continuously publishes third party content on the global biotechnology, pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. News stories, social media content, peer reviewed research, clinical trials, drugs and product details on 200,000 market research reports.
How does your business make money?
1) Google + third party Advertising
2) Affiliate advertising
3) Publication of press releases
4) Sale of market research reports
Why should someone buy this business?
This site was created and has been maintained for more than 20 years.
With stable traffic and large audience base, it has the potential to increase in the hands of who can best appreciate the assets available.
1) Enormous opportunity to exploit 22 years of internet publication - Google Page Rank 6, 1,000,000 pages, etc
2) Build the advertising revenues
3) Promote and sell quality research reports from over 30 publishers - typically a 40-50% reseller margin
4) Enter the global pharmaceutical PR business
How can the future owner improve this business?
1) Be pro-active in promoting the advertising space
2) Be pro-active in signing up PR companies to subscribe to the press releases publication and dissemination service
3) Be pro-active in selecting best selling reports and pushing with prospective buyers
4) Indentify targeted Affiliate to promote pharmaceutical products and service.
Why are you selling this business?Retirement, just turned 60! The site architecture is excellent, it needs new enthusiasm and dedication to exploit the platform. Biotechnology information is growing daily and need for new content unlimited. The buyer will be well placed to start communicating their message to a global audience.
- High levels of Automation
- High Profit Margins
- Length of Operation in Niche
- Low Time Commitment Required
- Low Acquisition Cost for New Customers
Opportunities for a new owner
- Improve Current Marketing Efforts
- Introduce Further Revenue Streams
- Increase Basket Size Per Customer
Key day-to-day operations
- Customer Support / Service
- Order Fulfilment
- Affiliate Marketing
- Google Adwords
- 206 Social Media Accounts (169 Twitter, 32 Facebook and 5 LinkedIn) with a total of 135,000 active followers. See attachment.
- 4 Domains: bioportfolio.com, bioportfolio.co.uk (market reports store), bioportfol.io, bioportfolio.net
- Contracts (written or verbal) with customers and suppliers
- Custom technology
- Customer databases
- Hosting accounts
- Relevant email accounts
- Social media accounts
- Website files, source code and content
- Google Adwords
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller
Peter Barfoot is a bio-economist with a huge interest in the global biotechnology, pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors. He launched BioPortfolio.com in a 1997 with the objective of providing independent and informative information on the global developments in the life-sciences.
BioPortfolio has been very lucrative over the last 22 years and Peter is a good position to retire on the profits received from BioPortfolio.
Peter is also committed to the development and application of GM Crops - he is a co-Director of PG Economics Ltd.