Facts and Figures
Assembly Networking provides universities and associations with private, branded mobile apps that deliver: - up to date community news
- information on community events
- online networkings opportunities
...and more to alumni and members.
These apps can be customised to reflect the clients branding guidelines, and the content on the apps can be added/removed by the app administrator (i.e. the university or association) using a web based dashboard.
Through these apps, universities and associations are able to vastly improve their reach and communication with alumni and members around the world, and at a fraction of the cost. Targeting alumni/members via a dedicated mobile app is 10x more effective than via monthly email newsletters, and far cheaper than sending printed updates by post.
The revenue model is based on an annual license fee.
How does your business make money?
Assembly charges universities and associations an annual license fee to build, run and maintain their mobile apps. Assembly follows a SaaS (Software as a Service) approach.
Why should someone buy this business?
This business, and its business model, has many attractive aspects:
1) The same underlying source code can be used for all apps. This means delivery of an app for a new client only takes a couple of days to set up, but can generate thousands in revenue every year. Therefore, the model is very scalable.
2) The market for this service is still relatively young, and the main play in this market cater to email. This means that there is a lot of opportunity for someone with sales experience to grow it, especially as most universities and associations don't provide mobile apps for their communities due to the prohibitively high costs in developing them. However, as mobile phone penetration continues to grow, it will become increasingly essential for these institutions to adopt a mobile approach.
3) Because Assembly Networking Ltd runs a SaaS model, it is easier to enjoy recurring revenues once a client is signed to the platform.
How can the future owner improve this business?
The success of this business will rely largely on someone with good sales experience, or access to a good sales team. The model is very scalable and there is a high chance of recurring revenues due to the annual license fee.
- Lots of Repeat Customers
- Passive Revenue
- Scalable Business Model
- Overall Market Size
- Low Acquisition Cost for New Customers
Opportunities for a new owner
- Start Selling into New Markets
- Improve Current Marketing Efforts
- Develop New Features
Key day-to-day operations
- Customer Support / Service
- Programming / Development
- Influencer Marketing
- Word of Mouth
- Contracts (written or verbal) with customers and suppliers
- Custom technology
- Hosting accounts
- Marketing materials and collateral
- Policy and Process documents
- Relevant email accounts
- Social media accounts
- Website files, source code and content
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller
Experienced professional in the mobile apps space.