Facts and Figures
|Month||February 2019||March 2019||April 2019|
The ability to study languages abroad offers a beautiful opportunity to learn an entire new culture as well! Ailola is a network of licensed, locally-owned and operated Spanish and English language schools located in Buenos Aires, the Amazon, Cape Town, Galapagos Islands, Otavalo, Quito and Madrid. Teen and adult students can book courses online at www.ailola.com. We drive traffic to the websites via content and email marketing (blogs), organic search and paid advertising campaigns which converts in language course reservations. We take 20-30% commission from all revenue derived by the Ailola language school sign ups which we invoice on a monthly basis. The Ailola partner schools also offer accommodation, activity programs, volunteering and internship opportunities.
How does your business make money?
Ailola takes a 20-30% commission from all revenue derived by our Ailola partner language schools.
Why should someone buy this business?
Ailola is popular and well-established brand. The business has been profitable ever since launching in 2013 which is and can be run on a 100% remote basis. We have agreements with our local language school partners to take a 20-30% revenue share. Our revenue has grown between 10-50% each year with a 49% profit margin in the past 12 months. Our annual external revenue is up to USD$250,000. We have generated almost 500 authentic customer reviews on our language courses on TripAdvisor, Facebook, Google and via the website. We have 10,000 contacts with email addresses (customers, interested students, etc.) in our database. All intellectual property is included in the asking price. We have international trade mark protection in 46 countries for AILOLA and own more than 30 generic and country domain names. We also have more than 20 social media accounts easily managed via a social media management software (Hootsuite).
How can the future owner improve this business?
The future owner can improve this business and grow revenue by optimising online marketing activities. This may include email marketing campaigns, social media and paid advertising via social media and Google Adwords. The future owner may choose to replicate the business model in different countries, and for different languages or consider selling virtual/online language lessons (to be undertaken via Skype).
Why are you selling this business?Though Ailola was always a great source of extra income and a chance to stay a bit independent, I have less time available than before due to my current day-to-day job. Additionally, after 5 years running the business I feel that it is time to move on but I would not give the business away under value.
- Key Words Ranking
- Brand and Community Loyalty
- Scalable Business Model
- Significant IP Included
- Strong Recuring Revenue
Opportunities for a new owner
- Start Selling into New Markets
- Improve Current Marketing Efforts
- Introduce Further Revenue Streams
Key day-to-day operations
- Website Maintenance
- Content marketing
- Adwords Maintenance
- Google Adwords
Original website content was written once by a freelancer and partly interns who worked on translations. I currently update the website myself.
Blog posts are written by a freelancer who writes 3-5 blog posts per months, researches adequate images and updates the website.
The new owner would be required to undertake the following activities:
* Manage advertising campaigns (i.e. Google AdWords), drip campaigns, etc. (2-4 hours / week)
* Update and review website content e.g. prices, blog posts, social media, etc. (1-2 hours / week)
* Obtain, add and reply to customer reviews (1-2 hours / week)
* Work with freelancers for technical website updates from time to time (1-2 hours / week)
* Controlling reports to invoice the partner schools for the referred students and accounting (1-2 hours / week)
Assets included in the sale are as follows:
* Various domains, e.g. ailolalingua.com, ailolabuenosaires.com, ailolacapetown.com, ailolagalapagos.com, ailolamadrid.com, ailolaotavalo.com, ailolaquito.com
* Email list of 10,000 students, derived from enquiries and bookings
* Websites and systems as they are included. main websites, mini versions and blogs
* Social network accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+) and review portals (TripAdvisor)
* The 'AILOLA' brand.
DE 307536742 - Word Mark
DE 3020120436846 - Word Mark
IR 1153920 - Word Mark: http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/showData.jsp?ID=ISTM.V0088971
EM, IS, NO, TR, AL, BA, CH, CN, HR, LI, MC, MD, ME, MK, RS, RU, SM, UA, VN
Remark: The seller will still have the right to use Ailola for the Ailola Lingua and Ailola Latino business for up to 5 years after the sale without paying any royalties.
- Brand assets
- Contracts (written or verbal) with customers and suppliers
- Custom technology
- Customer databases
- Existing manufacturing relationships
- Marketing materials and collateral
- Policy and Process documents
- Registered trademarks
- Relevant email accounts
- Social media accounts
- Vendor contacts
- Website files, source code and content
- Google Adwords
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller
German online marketer currently living in Switzerland.