To access this listing you will need to sign an NDA
Facts and Figures
|Month||January 2019||February 2019||March 2019|
For sale is a high traffic business that is monetized by affiliate partnerships and advertising revenue. The business has reported consistent YOY growth since launch, without a marketing and sales orientation. The website experience's high traffic, of which 50% are returning visitors. While the website itself is SEO optimized, the current owner has not invested in growing traffic via SEO; all affiliate sales have been through only one affiliate partner; and website ads are powered by AdSense (no full stack currently in use); but the website still reported EBITDA of 200K+ for calendar year 2018. There is significant room for growth.
I have a team that organizes our daily promotions (their cost of labor is included in P&L). I personally spend only about 15 - 20 minutes per day posting the promotions my team organizes
How does your business make money?
We have two sources of revenue -- advertising and affiliate sales. Advertising is mainly powered by AdSense's website ads, with some minor income from email ads (email ads are currently severely underused by us and have great growth potential). Affiliate sales are currently via an outsourced partner -- they organize the deals and we post them. There is immense potential to grow the affiliate sales side of the business by incorporating other affiliate channels (e.g., Amazon).
Why should someone buy this business?
The secret sauce of the business is that it has incredible customer and brand loyalty, ensuring a high rate of return traffic.
-Ranked top 15,000 globally by Alexa and SimilarWeb
-Over 350,000 subscribers across email (about 300k), PUSH (about 50k), and social media channels (about 15k)
-Strong brand and customer loyalty: about 50% of our users are returning
-Been around since 2013
-Immense opportunity to grow past our current niche
-An amazing cost of 5 to 6 cents per thousand emails sent -- 40% to 50% less than Amazon SES!
How can the future owner improve this business?
- Grow traffic through SEO such as link building and blog posts -- currently, the owner has not invested in any SEO strategy
- Grow the affiliate side of the business. Amazon would be a great start.
- Invest in advertising and marketing
- Expand offering beyond just Windows products, such as Mac, iPhone, or Android apps or online courses
Why are you selling this business?I'm a PhD student that is about to start a full time career, and I want to focus on that career.
- Brand and Community Loyalty
- High Profit Margins
- Large Customer Database
- Lots of Repeat Customers
- Low Time Commitment Required
Opportunities for a new owner
- Start Selling into New Markets
- Improve Current Marketing Efforts
- Advance or Explore Retail / Distribution Partnerships
Key day-to-day operations
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Email Marketing
- Word of Mouth
- Brand assets
- Contracts (written or verbal) with customers and suppliers
- Custom technology
- Customer databases
- Existing manufacturing relationships
- Hosting accounts
- Relevant email accounts
- Social media accounts
- Vendor contacts
- Website files, source code and content
- e-Commerce platform accounts
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.